- Related Products
Forklifts provide substantial savings in time and effort required to load, unload and stack materials. However they need to be operated with great care, otherwise they present a significant hazard. The assessment has been developed to cover “basic training” requirements of the Approved Code of Practice for Rider Operated Forklift Trucks.
This is not a driving licence.
The forklift is driven around a suitable course with the operator moving and stacking various loads. It covers safe driving of a forklift truck, pre use maintenance and safety checks, recognition of controls and instruments. The certificate is endorsed according to the type of machine used, industrial counterbalance, rough terrain masted forklift, rough terrain telescopic handler, reach truck, side loader or order picker.
The assessment is divided into three mandatory units.
Unit 1 – Pre-use Safety – Forklift Trucks
Unit 2 – Safety awareness of loads prior to operation
Unit 3– Operate the forklift
Candidates must successfully achieve all Assessment Activities in all three units.
Certificates will be endorsed according to the type of forklift truck used in the assessment:
Candidates must be a minimum age of 16 or over.
i) Industrial Counterbalance Forklift
ii) Rough Terrain Masted Forklift
iii) Rough Terrain Telescopic Forklift
iv) Reach Truck
v) Side Loader
vi) Order Picker
The candidate will be able to:
1. Identify those key aspects of legislation which apply to the safe preparation, loading and operation of a forklift
2. Prepare a forklift for work safely without risk to themselves, other people and the environment
3. Carry out daily and routine maintenance on a forklift
4. State the identified knowledge that underpins understanding of driving a loaded forklift
5. Operate a forklift for work safely without risk to themselves, other people and the environment
6. Understand the procedure to follow when on a highway
7. Understand the limitations of a forklift
For further information detailing the activities taken during the assessment of each unit please visit the NPTC Assessment Schedule (link opens in a new window).
Booking is easy...
Simply add your chosen exam to your basket and complete your order at the checkout. We will then send you a confirmation email, confirming your examination request. Then shortly after this we will contact you to complete the neccessary information for your exam registration. This may include:
- Additional personal details
- Selecting from optional modules
- Choice of examination dates
- Choice of examination location
- A Passport Sized Photo
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth (Animal Transport Assessments only)
Dependending on which exam you are taking.
We aim to give you all the necessary information on this page. However, we appreciate it can all get a little confusing and should you feel this is the case, please don't hesitate to contact us, either by emailing email@example.com or telephoning 01934 86 22 88.