- Related Products
The pre requisite for this qualification is the NPTC Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Basic Stockmanship and Welfare.
The assessment is divided in to two mandatory units and one optional unit.
Unit 1 - Cattle Husbandry and Stock Tasks
Unit 2 – Sheep Husbandry and Stock Tasks
Unit 3 - Feeding
The qualification may be endorsed either:
a) Cattle Husbandry or
b) Sheep Husbandry
Candidates seeking endorsement in a) are assessed in Unit 1 (applicable to Cattle), plus Unit 3.
Candidates seeking endorsement in b) are assessed in Unit 2 (applicable to Sheep) plus Unit 3.
Candidates must successfully achieve all Assessment Activities in the units they are to be assessed.
The candidate will be able to:
1. Undertake routine activities in caring for cattle or sheep.
2. Operate within and comply with the legislative and welfare requirements.
3. Complete and maintain essential records accurately.
4. State the identified knowledge that underpins understanding of livestock husbandry.
Candidates must be a minimum of 16 or over.
For further information detailing the activities taken during the assessment of each unit please visit the NPTC Assessment Schedule (link opens in a new window).
Booking is easy...
Simply add your chosen exam to your basket and complete your order at the checkout. We will then send you a confirmation email, confirming your examination request. Then shortly after this we will contact you to complete the neccessary information for your exam registration. This may include:
- Additional personal details
- Selecting from optional modules
- Choice of examination dates
- Choice of examination location
- A Passport Sized Photo
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth (Animal Transport Assessments only)
Dependending on which exam you are taking.
We aim to give you all the necessary information on this page. However, we appreciate it can all get a little confusing and should you feel this is the case, please don't hesitate to contact us, either by emailing email@example.com or telephoning 01934 86 22 88.