- Related Products
The pre requisite for this qualification is the NPTC Level 1 Certificate of Competence in Basic Stockmanship and Welfare.
The assessment is divided in to three mandatory units:
Unit 1 – Prepare for Milking
Unit 2 – Milk and Treat Cows
Unit 3 – Clean Down Milking System and Parlour
Candidates must achieve all Assessment Activities in all three units.
If you only wish to take one or two of the mandatory units and already hold the other unit(s), please contact us.
Candidate must be a minimum age of 16 or over.
The candidate will be able to:
1. Operate and comply with the legislative and welfare requirements which apply to themselves, other people, the environment when preparing to milk dairy cattle
2. Undertake routine inspection/maintenance activities when preparing to milk dairy cattle
3. State the knowledge and understanding relating to milking and dairy hygiene
4. Operate and comply with the legislative and welfare requirements which apply to themselves, other people, the environment when milking and treating dairy cattle
5. Undertake routine inspection of milk when milking dairy cattle
6. Operate and comply with the legislative and welfare requirements which apply to themselves, other people, the environment when cleaning down equipment and a milking parlour
7. Undertake tasks associated with day to day cleaning of milk systems and parlour
8. State the knowledge and understanding relating to cleaning milking equipment and maintaining records
For further information detailing the activities taken during the assessment of each unit please visit the NPTC Assessment Schedule (link opens in a new window).
Booking is easy...
Simply add your chosen exam to your basket and complete your order at the checkout. We will then send you a confirmation email, confirming your examination request. Then shortly after this we will contact you to complete the neccessary information for your exam registration. This may include:
- Additional personal details
- Selecting from optional modules
- Choice of examination dates
- Choice of examination location
- A Passport Sized Photo
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth (Animal Transport Assessments only)
Dependending on which exam you are taking.
We aim to give you all the necessary information on this page. However, we appreciate it can all get a little confusing and should you feel this is the case, please don't hesitate to contact us, either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 01934 86 22 88.