- Related Products
Certificate of Competence in Off Road Driving (AORD03)
Please select the required options from the above drop down menu. A minimum of Unit 1 & 2 must be taken. Should you already hold the mandatory units and only wish to be assessed on an optional unit, please contact us for a tailored quote.
Unit 1 Pre start safety and Operation of Off-Road vehicles
Unit 2 Drive Vehicle in Off-Road Conditions
Unit 3 Using Trailers in the Workplace
Unit 4 Use of Vehicle Winches
Candidates must be a minimum age of 16 or over.
The candidate will be able to:
• State legal and safety requirements relating to the use of off road vehicles
• Carry out appropriate pre-start checks on the vehicle
• Take appropriate action arising from checks
• Explain additional considerations that need to be made when towing a trailer
• Prepare for work
• Select and wear appropriate PPE as required
• Start the vehicle and manoeuvre it safely on rough terrain including slopes.
• Attach a trailer to the vehicle
• Manoeuvre vehicle on a variety of terrain whilst towing, including reversing around a corner
• Operate a vehicle mounted winch to remove an obstacle and self recovery a "bogged" vehicle
• State the required underpinning knowledge that supports the operations
For further information detailing the activities taken during the assessment of each unit please visit the NPTC Assessment Schedule (link opens in a new window).
Booking is easy...
Simply add your chosen exam to your basket and complete your order at the checkout. We will then send you a confirmation email, confirming your examination request. Then shortly after this we will contact you to complete the neccessary information for your exam registration. This may include:
- Additional personal details
- Selecting from optional modules
- Choice of examination dates
- Choice of examination location
- A Passport Sized Photo
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth (Animal Transport Assessments only)
Dependending on which exam you are taking.
We aim to give you all the necessary information on this page. However, we appreciate it can all get a little confusing and should you feel this is the case, please don't hesitate to contact us, either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 01934 86 22 88.