- Related Products
Please call us to arrange your exam and we'll provide you with a quote tailored to your requirements.
The assessment is divided in to two mandatory units:
1. Principles Of “Thorough Examination” Of Arboricultural Equipment (This Unit takes the form of a Written Examination Paper)
2. “Thorough Examination” Of Arboricultural Equipment (This Unit takes the form of a practical examination of arboricultural equipment)
Candidates must achieve all Assessment Activities in both units.
Candidates must be a minimum age of 16 or over.
The candidate will be able to:
1. Understand the legislation and other official guidance relating to the examination of arboricultural equipment
2. Understand the definition and status of a “competent person” under LOLER
3. Identify the range of lifting and lowering equipment appropriate to working at height in arboricultural operations
4. Understand the requirements for operator pre-use checks, inspection and record keeping
5. Identify different categories of equipment and their appropriate examination intervals
6. Recognise appropriate marking of equipment to identify individual items
7. Correctly identify levels of wear and damage in a range of arboricultural equipment
8. Record the findings of the “thorough examination” using the appropriate forms
9. Make recommendations for future use and inspection or retirement of equipment, according to findings
For further information detailing the activities taken during the assessment of each unit please visit the NPTC Assessment Schedule (link opens in a new window).
Booking is easy...
Simply give us a call on 01934 86 22 88 we'll provide you with a quote and send you all the necessary information to complete your exam registration. This may include:
- Personal details
- Selecting from optional modules
- Choice of examination dates
- Choice of examination location
- A Passport Sized Photo
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth (Animal Transport Assessments only)
Depending on which exam you are taking.
We aim to give you all the necessary information on this page. However, we appreciate it can all get a little confusing and should you feel this is the case, please don't hesitate to contact us, either by emailing email@example.com or telephoning 01934 86 22 88.