Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Veterinary Medicines
- Related Products
The assessment is divided in to 3 mandatory units:
1. Safely store and administer veterinary medicines - practices
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of storing and administering veterinary medicines
3. Demonstrate knowledge of legislation and products of veterinary medicines
Units 1 is assessed by one-to-one oral questioning and observation of practical performance by our NPTC qualified assessor.
Units 2 and 3 are assessed via a computer based multiple choice examination.
Candidates must be a minimum age of 16 or over.
Candidates must successfully achieve all assessment activities in all outcomes. The qualification certificate will be endorsed in the context of the grouping / species of animals with which the Candidate was assessed.
The candidate will be able to:
1. Comply with current, relevant health and safety legislation;
2. Follow an animal health management plan
3. Administer a range of veterinary medicine types, safely and humanely
4. Store and transport veterinary medicines correctly
5. Maintain the health of user, public and animals
6. Dispose of unwanted veterinary medicines safely
7. Record the use of veterinary medicines.
8. Prevent unnecessary pain and unnecessary distress to the animals
9. Identify signs of health and ill-health in animals
For further information detailing the activities taken during the assessment of each unit please visit the NPTC Assessment Schedule (link opens in a new window).
Booking is easy...
Simply add your chosen exam to your basket and complete your order at the checkout. We will then send you a confirmation email confirming your examination request. Then shortly after this we will contact you to complete the neccessary information for your exam registration. This may include:
- Additional personal details
- Selecting from optional modules
- Choice of examination dates
- Choice of examination location
- A Passport Sized Photo
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth (Animal Transport Assessments only)
Dependending on which exam you are taking.
We aim to give you all the necessary information on this page. However, we appreciate it can all get a little confusing and should you feel this is the case, please don't hesitate to contact us, either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 01934 86 22 88.