Level 2 Certificate in Basic Stockmanship and Welfare
- Related Products
The assessment is divided in to 2 mandatory parts:
1. Carry out basic stockmanship and welfare activities
2. The principles of basic stockmanship and welfare
Candidates must achieve all Assessment Activities in both parts.
This is assessed via on-to-one oral questioning and observation of practical performance with our NPTC approved independent
This module is assessed by computer based multiple choice questioning via GOLA (Global On-Line Assessment).
Candidates are required to complete all the test items. Candidates must be a minimum age of 16 or over.
Candidates may not refer to any appropriate literature during the assessment.
Each GOLA test will have 30 multiple choice questions and to be declared 'competent', a candidate will need to achieve 24 correct
The candidate will be able to identify those key aspects of legislation which apply to:
• themselves, other people, the environment
• the well being of livestock
• the stockperson when carrying out routine practical livestock duties on a day to day basis taking in to account safety of themselves, other people and the environment.
• the stockperson when carrying out routine practical livestock duties, ensuring the well being of livestock under their control
For further information detailing the activities taken during the assessment of each unit please visit the NPTC Assessment Schedule (link opens in a new window).
Booking is easy...
Simply add your chosen exam to your basket and complete your order at the checkout. We will then send you a confirmation email confirming your examination request. Then shortly after this we will contact you to complete the neccessary information for your exam registration. This may include:
- Additional personal details
- Selecting from optional modules
- Choice of examination dates
- Choice of examination location
- A Passport Sized Photo
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth (Animal Transport Assessments only)
Dependending on which exam you are taking.
We aim to give you all the necessary information on this page. However, we appreciate it can all get a little confusing and should you feel this is the case, please don't hesitate to contact us, either by emailing email@example.com or telephoning 01934 86 22 88.