Level 2 Certificate in the Safe Use of Abrassive Wheel Machines
- Related Products
Practical assessment in the use of abrasive wheel machines used for grinding or cutting. Includes inspecting abrasive wheels and machines for damage; selection, fitting and adjustment of an abrasive wheel; operation of abrasive wheel machine within a named industrial environment. Assessment is conducted in the context of either bench mounted or hand held abrasive wheel machines. Certificate is endorsed accordingly. Also endorsed according to power supply of machine (either electric or compressed air or engine driven).
The assessment is divided into 2 mandatory units:
Unit 1 Select, Inspect and Fit Abrasive Wheels
Unit 2 Operate Abrasive Wheel Machines
Candidates must successfully achieve all assessment criteria in both units.
Candidates must be 16 or over.
The Certificate will be endorsed with the type of machine that was used in the assessment.
Either 1) “Bench Mounted” or 2) “Portable Hand Held”
Either a) “Electric” or b) “Compressed Air” or c) “Engine” driven
The candidate will be able to:
• Inspect abrasive wheels and machines for damage
• Select, fit and adjust an abrasive wheel appropriate to the material and machine being used, safely without supervision
• Operate abrasive wheel machines within a named industrial environment, to complete a specified task safely, without supervision
• Use all tools and equipment safely
• Observe all relevant Health and Safety legislation
For further information detailing the activities taken during the assessment of each unit please visit the NPTC Assessment Schedule (link opens in a new window).
Booking is easy...
Simply add your chosen exam to your basket and complete your order at the checkout. We will then send you a confirmation email confirming your examination request. Then shortly after this we will contact you to complete the neccessary information for your exam registration. This may include:
- Additional personal details
- Selecting from optional modules
- Choice of examination dates
- Choice of examination location
- A Passport Sized Photo
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth (Animal Transport Assessments only)
Dependending on which exam you are taking.
We aim to give you all the necessary information on this page. However, we appreciate it can all get a little confusing and should you feel this is the case, please don't hesitate to contact us, either by emailing email@example.com or telephoning 01934 86 22 88.