Level 2 Certificate in Transport of Animals by Road (Short Journeys)
- Related Products
Unit 1 – Principles of transporting animals by road on short journeys
Unit 1 is compulsory for all people transporting animals over 65Km and up to 8 hours in duration where the journey is in connection with an economic activity.
Candidates are required to complete all activities within the unit applicable to the species being transported.
This assessment can be taken as one assessment or two assessments, if you are unsure which to take please contact us for further information.
Candidates must register against ONE of the species listed below, so that the relevant species specific assessment can be generated:
• Game birds
• Cattle & sheep
NOTE: Candidates undertaking the assessment for horses need to be able to demonstrate knowledge of the Regulation with regard to transporting Registered and Unregistered horses.
Candidates must be a minimum age of 16 or over.
The candidate will be able to know and understand:
1. Legal requirements and responsibilities
2. Responsibilities when transporting animals
3. Planning a short journey by road
4. Suitability of the vehicle
5. Checking animals and fitness to travel
6. Causes and signs of stress in animals
7. Space allowances, stocking densities and segregation requirements
8. Handling and animal welfare in transit
9. Post-journey requirements
For further information detailing the activities taken during the assessment of each unit please visit the NPTC Assessment Schedule (link opens in a new window).
Booking is easy...
Simply add your chosen exam to your basket and complete your order at the checkout. We will then send you a confirmation email confirming your examination request. Then shortly after this we will contact you to complete the neccessary information for your exam registration. This may include:
- Additional personal details
- Selecting from optional modules
- Choice of examination dates
- Choice of examination location
- A Passport Sized Photo
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth (Animal Transport Assessments only)
Dependending on which exam you are taking.
We aim to give you all the necessary information on this page. However, we appreciate it can all get a little confusing and should you feel this is the case, please don't hesitate to contact us, either by emailing email@example.com or telephoning 01934 86 22 88.