- Related Products
-Please give us a call to arrange your assessment.
The assessment is divided in to two compulsory units:
Unit 1: Practical Foot Trimming of Cattle
Unit 2: Principles of Cattle Foot Trimming
Candidates must achieve all Assessment Activities in all units.
Candidates must be a minimum age of 16 or over.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge of, or ability to:
- Equipment and materials required for cattle foot trimming
- Effective animal preparation and foot trimming
- Identification of lesions, completion of accurate records and the need for veterinary intervention
- Preparation and application of claw block
- Foot disorders caused by disease or nutrition
- Housing and disease spread within cattle
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
For further information detailing the activities taken during the assessment of each unit please visit the NPTC Assessment Schedule (link opens in a new window).
Booking is easy...
Simply give us a call on 01934 86 22 88 we'll provide you with a quote and send you all the necessary information to complete your exam registration. This may include:
- Personal details
- Selecting from optional modules
- Choice of examination dates
- Choice of examination location
- A Passport Sized Photo
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth (Animal Transport Assessments only)
Depending on which exam you are taking.
We aim to give you all the necessary information on this page. However, we appreciate it can all get a little confusing and should you feel this is the case, please don't hesitate to contact us, either by emailing email@example.com or telephoning 01934 86 22 88.