- Related Products
The assessment is divided in to 3 mandatory units:
1. Inspect and maintain the Wood chipper
2. Prepare the Wood chipper for operation
3. Operate the Wood chipper
Candidates must successfully achieve all assessment activities in all three units.
Candidates must be a minimum age of 16 years or over.
The candidate will be able to:
1. Identify, inspect and comment on key parts of the machine
2. Prepare the machine for work safely without risk to themselves, other people or the environment
3. Carry out daily and routine maintenance on the machine
4. Operate the machine safely and competently without risk to themselves, others and the environment
5. Follow the correct procedure to adjust chip size
6. Deal with blockages
7. Maintain cutting systems as per manufacturers instructions
8. Prepare the machine for transportation
For further information detailing the activities taken during the assessment of each unit please visit the NPTC Assessment Schedule (link opens in a new window).
Booking is easy...
Simply add your chosen exam to your basket and complete your order at the checkout. We will then send you a confirmation email, confirming your examination request. Then shortly after this we will contact you to complete the neccessary information for your exam registration. This may include:
- Additional personal details
- Selecting from optional modules
- Choice of examination dates
- Choice of examination location
- A Passport Sized Photo
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth (Animal Transport Assessments only)
Dependending on which exam you are taking.
We aim to give you all the necessary information on this page. However, we appreciate it can all get a little confusing and should you feel this is the case, please don't hesitate to contact us, either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 01934 86 22 88.